1) Get rid of all the clutter in your living space.
2) Be still for at least 3 minutes in the morning and in the afternoon to quiet the chatter in your mind. Notice your breathing and your heartbeat – they are involuntary. Know that you are a Spiritual being – you are the thinker and the thoughts are coming from your ego mind.
3) Be thankful for all that you have, including possessions, health, and loved ones. Keep a journal if this is difficult for you. Write down 5 things each day that you are grateful for.
4) Judge nothing that occurs. When you look at a tree, you don’t label it good or bad. You can apply the same attitude to people and situations.
5) Don’t take anything personally. For example, a difficult person, instead of being a jerk trying to ruin your day, becomes a teacher, providing you with a chance to practice love and compassion.
6) Replace negative beliefs with positive ones.
7) Do not be impressed by your emotions and let them rule you. Let them come and go.
8) Be open to the presence of miracles. There are no coincidences.
9) Appreciate your body as your temple or your soul’s vehicle in the world. Take good care of it.
10) Every day ask yourself how you can be of service to someone else, or how you can be a blessing.